BlogHer’11 has come to a close and I’ve spent the last several days reminiscing about this AMAZING weekend! While there were many incredible moments, it was the below that really were the most memorable:
1) Sharing a stage with three powerful women: Leslie Bonci, registered dietitian and sports nutritionist for the Pittsburgh Steelers (amongst other professional sports teams,) U.S. Women’s Soccer Team champion Brandi Chastain, and Loreane Tomlinson, mother of professional football player, LaDainian Tomlinson during the Gatorade Sports Moms BECOME event. Every sports mom in the room was all-ears as Leslie shared the importance of sports nutrition (that is- what goes IN your body as an athlete is just as important as the equipment you wear ON your body) , laughing and crying when Loreane discussed her relationship with LT and debuted the latest BECOME webisode and inspired by Brandi’s accomplishments as an athlete and how she’s inspired her own children.
2) Taking the Gatorade/Women Sports Foundation pledge to help child athletes BECOME the best athlete they can be. If you haven’t pledged already, do so now at www.gatorade/moms.
3) Running back-to back 5Ks with BlogHer and Gatorade – What an inspirational group of women. So awesome to have gotten out there and pounded the pavement with all of you!!
4) Getting virtually “dunked” by Hope Solo at the PepsiCo Place G-Pod – What a laugh!
5) Listening to Sarah Brokaw, licensed therapist and daughter of legendary newsman Tom Brokaw, talk about how women in their “middle-years” should embrace and nourish core qualities in themselves so they can continue to evolve and thrive. So inspiring!
From sports moms to fitness enthusiasts and all those in between, I met SUCH incredible women at BlogHer. I couldn’t be more excited to continue the conversation with all of you…more to come!!!